Playground Synthetic Turf – Creating the Perfect Play Area
- Children love playing outside, and we as parents love seeing them play!
- What better way for kids to enjoy lovely Middle Tennessee weather than on safe, synthetic turf?
- And better yet, what if the local playground was installed with shock-absorbing synthetic turf?
- Smart Scapes can help create the perfect play area for your kids or the community playground.
- Sit back, relax, and watch the perfect playground come to life with synthetic turf!
- Call (615) 356-0139 to get started!
We all know that children love to play. And we as parents, teachers, caregivers, and guardians of children want kids to have as much play time as they can get. Why else would most cities in America havedozens of playgrounds within their city limits? In fact, the nationwide average for playgrounds per capita is five playgrounds for every ten thousand residents. So if the average size of an American city is about two-hundred thousand people, that’s one-hundred playgrounds per city!
Clearly, we want our kids to have a great time when they play, which is why many cities are starting to utilize synthetic turf as a sensible ground cover solution for outdoor and indoor playgrounds alike.
The Most Realistic Artificial Grass for a Play Space
The most realistic artificial grass looks and feels like the real thing, but has untold benefits for any play space. This is a ground cover that retains its aesthetic appeal, holding up to even the strongest of UV light, year after year after year. Artificial grass is sensible, affordable, safe, visually appealing, and comfortable for playing on. And did we mention the benefits? Read on for a full list. And if you're ready to schedule your free estimate, call our design department at (615) 356-0139.
The Top Benefits for Utilizing Synthetic Turf in a Children’s Play Area
Listed below are the top ten reasons why utilizing synthetic turf for a children’s play area just plain makes sense:
- Synthetic turf play areas are safe due to padding. Right off the bat, one of the first and probably the best benefit to such an artificial grass play area is the safety factor. This grass is installed with a sand infill beneath the artificial turf layer, creating an insulated, padded section between the hard ground and the turf itself. This makes for spills, falls, tumbles, and wipeouts that just don’t hurt much.
- Maintenance-free. Probably one of the best benefits to an artificial grass play area is the maintenance-free aspect to it. No more mowing. No more weeding. No more watering. No more trimming and edging. No more fertilizing. The list goes on and on. Synthetic turf is a one-time, “install it and leave it” prospect.
- Allergy-free. Synthetic turfs and grasses are hypoallergenic, so while natural grass may contain all kinds of microbes and allergens that could send kids’ allergies spiraling, artificial grasses do not present this risk.
- Water conservation is a big plus point too. Because artificial grass does not need to be watered, this beautiful addition to any play area is also eco-friendly and water conservant.
- USA-sourced materials are made with top-level products and are non-toxic. Synthetic grass made in the U.S. is held to rigorous specifications by federal, state, and local regulations. Absolutely no toxic or harmful chemicals allowed. This creates a product that kids can play on all day with no risk to their health whatsoever.
- Synthetic turf won’t get clothes dirty with grass stains either. This benefit speaks for itself. Fewer laundry loads for Mom, (more water conservation too), and fewer trips to the clothing retailer for Dad.
- Artificial turf is perfect for high-traffic, heavy use areas. Unlike natural grass which can get damaged and beaten down by excessive use, synthetic turf is highly resilient, capable of withstanding even the most intense of roughhousing.
- Synthetic turf won’t dull in heavy UV light. Again, this applies only to USA-sourced materials. Cheaper, imported turfs have calcium carbonate fillers added to them, which eventually fade in the sun. But locally-made and sourced turfs are fully UV-protected.
- Artificial turf won’t get messy or sloppy after a rain either. Artificial grass is fully permeable, allowing stormwater to rapidly permeate through the backing layer and into the sand infill beneath. From there, it filters through the 30-grain sand and into the soil below, recharging the water table just as nature intended.
- Synthetic turf is the perfect solution to common areas, playground areas, commercial playgrounds, backyards, day care facilities, churchyard playgrounds, and apartment complex common areas because it creates an aesthetic, pleasant, comfortable, safe, and easy-to-maintain environment for kids of all ages to enjoy.
Synthetic Turf – The Safe Choice for a Children’s Play Area
We touched on this in the above section, but it deserves a section of its own. Perhaps the single best benefit of synthetic turf for a children’s play space is the safety factor that synthetic turf creates. The sand infill layer below synthetic turf makes this ground covering softer and more impact absorbent than natural grass. So the next time your child falls off the swings or comes off the slide way too fast, they’ll likely spring back up and go do it again, abrasion-free and bruise-free thanks to the shock absorption of synthetic turf.
And let's think about what we find in natural grass. Rocks, gravel bits, sticks, twigs, spiders, bugs, trip-worthy roots, abrasive material, rusty nails, long forgotten objects and implements, etc. These items and more are the kinds of things that kids trip over, cut themselves on, get bitten by, etc. Not so with a synthetic turf ground covering. Synthetic turf offers a predictable surface. And by predictable we mean a surface that does not have anything in it which might bring harm to a child. This is truly a safe solution.
Smart Scapes LLC – Cutting Edge Design and Expert Installation for Artificial Turf
If you are considering an artificial turf play area for your home or institution’s playground, look no further than Smart Scapes LLC and Celebrity Greens. We hope to always be there when people ask, “Who is the best landscaper in Nashville?” and we aim to meet that call by providing every landscape service needed in this great city. To take a look at some of our recently completed projects, check out our website at www.landscapesnashville.com. Or you can call us direct at (615) 422-5263 (LAND). (To reach our estimations and design department, call (615) 356-0139).
Frequently Asked Questions About Artificial Turffor Kids’ Play Areas
Questions? Unsolved mysteries? Want to know more? Included below are the top five questions we hear the most about synthetic turfs for children’s play areas:
- Does artificial turf get hot in the sun?
- Only in the hottest of sun. Our artificial turfs are made from polypropylene and tire cord, so it takes a lot to heat them up. Most of the time, if the turf is hot to the touch, it’ll be on a day so brutal you wouldn’t want your kids playing in it anyway.
- How long does artificial turf last?
- Even in the most heavy-use scenarios, artificial turf will last for about twenty years or more.
- How much does artificial turf cost?
- Prices vary considerably, depending on location, installation requirements, the complexity of the job, and the type of turf needed. But one can expect to pay ten to twenty dollars per square foot.
- Does artificial turf drain water?
- While we don’t recommend using artificial turf on splash pads or water play areas, artificial turf will drain stormwater just fine.
- Can artificial turf be installed up against playground implements?
- Absolutely. No mulch or intermediate fillers are needed. Artificial turf can cover the entire play area, and it can come right up against and border all kinds of play equipment.
Have questions that weren't answered here? Call our direct line at (615) 422-5263 (LAND), or check out our website at www.landscapesnashville.com. You can also call our estimations department at (615) 356-0139. Or fill out our contact form and one of our representatives will reach out to you.
We provide Commercial and Residential Landscaping Services in these Areas